- 1.Rooftop Recording Services uses and may disclose your personal and corporate information in order to:
- 1.Provide services to you;
- 2.Research, develop, administer, protect and improve our services;
- 3.Provide services to individuals and organisations you explicitly permit;
- 4.Comply with legal compulsion such as a Court order.
- 2.Other than listed in Clause 1, Rooftop Recording Services will not provide any information which you give to us to any other organisation or individual without your express permission.
- 3.As part of routine administration, Rooftop Recording Services collects system status information and website usage information such as login times and usage records. These are not on-sold or disclosed to others except as required in paragraph 1.
- 4.All clients and registered users may request access to the personal details collected by Rooftop Recording Services in relation to themselves and the use of the their account.Rooftop Recording Services wishes to ensure that such details are always correct and up-to-date, and will amend any inaccuracies or changes to details on request.
- 5.By law, Rooftop Recording Services must retain some client details for a minimum of 5 years. However, Rooftop Recording Services does not retain clients' personal information longer than is necessary for the purposes of compliance with the law and routine administration.
- 7.Rooftop Recording Services keeps client and client user information on controlled facilities which are reasonably secured against unauthorised access. Proof of identity will be required before information is released to any person, including the client.
- 8.Rooftop Recording Services typically communicates with its clients by email, and sends all clients a newsletter approximately once a quarter. In particular circumstances, urgent notifications may also be sent out by email.